25 January, 2012

Rebel Without a Cause

The film "Rebel Without a Cause" (1955) was presented to all who wish to improve their language skills.

A rebellious young man with a troubled past comes to a new town, finding friends and enemies.
or
As an actor who spoke for an entire generation, James Dean brought his explosive presence to the screen in Nicholas Ray's "tense, exciting melodrama".
•    Starring: James Dean, Natalie Wood
•    Directed by: Nicholas Ray
•    Runtime: 1 hour 51 minutes
•    Release year: 1955
•    Studio: Warner Bros.




With TRICKY ENGLISH excerpts by Joseph E Battilega. 


They had him on the carpet down at headquarters.

He called me a dirty tramp!

That's enough static out of you!

You mean a head shrinker?

He's just loaded, honey.

You could have gone to juvenile hall.

You want to bug us till we have to lock you up.

He called me chicken.

If the pot starts boiling again, will you see me before you get in a jam?

...I couldn't swallow until recess.

But life is crushing in on me.

You know, I bet you're a real yo-yo.

You stepped on the school insignia. Nobody does that, ever!

The shortness of time between our planet's birth and demise.

You shouldn't monkey with him.

He's a wheel.

What are you hanging around such rank company for?

How did you get here? - I hitched.

I want him to teach me because I know he won't get mad if I goof.

You flipped or something?

Do we have to listen to a sermon now?

Forgot to wind your sundial.

No comments:

Post a Comment