18 January, 2012

Ali

«Wednesday Movie Club». The film «Ali» (2001) was presented to all who wish to improve their  language skills.
A biography of sports legend, Muhammad Ali, from his early days to his days in the ring.

Director: Michael Mann
Writers: Gregory Allen Howard (story), Stephen J. Rivele (screenplay), and 3 more credits »
Stars: Will Smith, Jamie Foxx and Jon Voight 

The number of visitors – 8 persons.
 

With TRICKY ENGLISH excerpts by Joseph E Battilega
English is an easy language to learn, but a hard language to master.
'Cause it make you groove right when you feel the feelin'

To turn the other cheek to the brutality of the white man...

Cassius, you're a  -  underdog

Cassius, now you're being truculent.

Another boxing milestone is at hand.

Looking as malevolent and baleful as ever.

His survival to this juncture...

The predictions are going down the drain... as Liston is listless.

It's absolute bedlam in the ring!

And how you do that? You jump over a broom and, shazam, you're a Muslim?

And get me a kosher cook.

Fifty G a year just for drivin' and jivin'.

I'm not gonna be on the payroll. I'm freelance.

I am submissive to you.

Whup on him now.

And to think I gave up a lucrative practice for the likes of you.

I'm glad you were here to witness this-- this assault.

Have a little coffee with your sugar. (The reverse order makes this a joke.)

Refusal to accept a lawful induction order... constitutes a felony...

Are you gonna dodge the draft?

This court is adjourned.

They bust you out.

Man, you scribble. You can't even write.

We lost on the appellate level...

I'm petitioning on a conscientious objection basis. Religious belief.

It don't ever waiver.

Bring me Howard Cosell's toupee!

The crowd is getting frantic.

I do a prelim in Atlanta against Jerry Quarry...

But we got to get this steamroller movin' right now.

Ain't no kryptonite in this ring tonight.

The messenger has lifted your suspension.

I begged my father to reinstate you.

When I got leery and talked up why I'm broke...

You won an eight-to-zero unanimous decision.

The heavy weight champion is taking the mandatory eight-count...

The discouraged, dispirited, denigrated denizens of the demimonde that is called the ghetto.

Look here, man, my fiduciary responsibility..
It's analogous to a garden in the African sun

No comments:

Post a Comment