15 March, 2018

Window on America Dnipro activist Marina Repan

Window on America Dnipro activist Marina Repan took active part in Question and Answer session with CoIonel Bresnik:

"I used to read in Internet what many astronauts say impressed them most. Astronauts say that the most amazing thing is ability of human body to adapt to different environment, and I asked whether he agreed with that. Colonel Bresnik agreed, that this thing was really the most amazing. He explained that realized it during his training, which helped training helped him to orient in space – he always knew where to find the support, where to go, he was able to determine what to hold on. He explained all these details, which were shown in his presentation.
While he was talking I remembered how I watched his spacewalk on facebook last year and how he did it all. And when someone asked him whether he was afraid of being in space, he said that it was really scary thing and he took his strength and courage to go there, because he knew that many other people were working on it to create everything needed for spacework to be possible (I'm describing it using my own words), and this was the thing what allowed him to overcome fear, after these words I myself stopped to be afraid of space, and thought that if I had an opportunity to go to space mission and go for a spacewalk, I would not hesitate and go".





No comments:

Post a Comment